Wortha Farm – Privacy Statement
Wortha Farm is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that we collect whenever you interact with us, including when you use our website, when you stay with us at Wortha Farm and when you correspond with us (by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
Personal data Wortha Farm may collect from you
We may collect personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you engage with our website, stay at Wortha Farm or when you email or phone us.
The personal data that we collect from you may include
- The name and contact details that you provide when you book your accommodation
- Your payment and address details for deposits to secure bookings and for final payments
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you may have given us
- Information about your use of our website when necessary and appropriate
- Your communications with us, via all channels
Personal data Wortha Farm receives from third parties
In the future, Wortha Farm may receives personal data from third party organisation, such as Online Travel Agents like Expedia, Expedia Affiliate, Trip Advisor, Booking.com, Trivago, Hotels.com, Farm Stay UK, Wolsey and Air BnB. Assurance has been sought that all third party organisations comply with required GDPR.
Why Wortha Farm processes your personal data
The following section explains the reasons why we process your personal data and our legal bases for doing so.
If you have opted-in to receive information and offers relating to Wortha Farm (for example by ticking a box on our website or registration form), then we’ll provide this information to you by email, text or phone.
We also rely on your consent to process information about your use of our website and social media sites, so that we can improve your browsing experience and deliver online advertising that is relevant to you.
When we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We will process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- Adjusting our website and communications to improve our communication with you
- Monitoring, improving and protecting and adapting our products, content and services
- Checking the payment details you provide to enable us to protect all parties from fraud
- Sending you various types of direct marketing
- Responding in a timely manner to your comments or complaints
- Helping to prevent, investigating and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime
- Using incident reports and potential other means to protect the security of other guests and visitors to Wortha farm and to help detect and prevent unlawful activity
- Managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters
- You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests. Please contact Wortha Farm for further information regarding exercising your rights.
We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your stay with us and to provide products and services that you have requested.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to
- Respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities
- Comply with local Council and Dartmoor National Park requirements.
Who Wortha Farm shares personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Government authorities or law enforcement officials, to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations
- It would be lovely to be able to say that all the systems we use are located in the UK, but some of them such as Google operate internationally and even UK systems may back up their data to countries outside the European Economic Area
Personal data transfers outside of the EEA
Wortha Farm does not knowingly transfer data outside of the EEA
How long Wortha Farm retains personal data
To comply with HMRC accounting data requirements we retain personal data in the form of name, phone number, date of stay and number of nights for your booking for 7 years or more. All registration forms will be kept for up to 12 months after your stay, unless you sign the consent form for keeping data until such a time it is no longer needed.
Your rights to withdraw consent and to object
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent. Please contact Wortha Farm for further information regarding your right to withdraw consent or object.
Your other personal data rights
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us
- For access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data
- To correct or delete your personal data
- To restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data
- To provide you with certain personal data in a structured, machine readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation
These rights may not always apply
How to contact us and exercise your rights
The easiest way to stop receiving information from us is by opting out of communications or by e-mailing and asking to be removed. We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query.
Data Protection Officer
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
Last updated 10 February 2020
We suggest that you check back here for updates, as we will update this policy from time to time.